Wednesday, March 26, 2014

eBooks and Audiobooks: Not So Bad

I have to admit that I was an adamant (albeit annoying) about my feelings toward eBooks and Audiobooks. There is something about holding the book in your hands, the smell of paper and ink wafting around you as you sip hot tea. It's serenity found in every location, whether a coffee shop, park bench or curled up on the couch. These aesthetics do not translate from a screen. 

As of late though, I am finding less and less time to make time for reading, making eBooks and Audiobooks viable options for once. I've listened to the likes of Tina Fey and Chelsea Handler reading their own books to an in-depth history of Catherine the Great and touching Heaven is for Real.  I miss the smell of books, but I just miss stories more, so I'll just have to miss the tactile aspect in return to actually finishing novels. Next on the docket is to finish Game of Thrones and start Insurgent on my Kindle. Thank God for technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment